U.S. State Department & U.S. Commerce Department Representation -
Meeting Your Legal Obligation When Exporting From the United States
TITA represents a wide range of export clients in matters relating to compliance with global laws and regulations. For example, we routinely advise clients on matters related to the:
- Commodity classification under the EAR and ITAR.
- Commodity Jurisdiction requests to determine which agency regulates your product and whether or not a license is necessary to export.
- Assistance in identifying “deemed exports”.
- License determinations and applications to the relevant agency.
- Identifying the correct Export Commodity Classification Number (ECCN).
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR) compliance.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
- Assistance with navigating and mitigating BIS investigations, subpoenas, penalties, denied persons and specially designated nationals.
- Assistance with navigating and mitigating Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) investigations and penalties.
- Voluntary self-disclosures with a key focus on corrective actions to avoid recurring concerns.